2014-11-25 / Front Page

Area Firemen Help Save Home From Monday Afternoon Blaze

Firemen from the Poland Community Volunteer Fire Department were able to minimize the fire damage to a single-wide mobile home early Monday afternoon on Forest Lane, just south of State Road 42 off of Cunot- Cataract Road. PCVFD Chief Brian Perdue said the first engine to arrive on the scene was able to extinguish the fire within minutes. The fire originated from wood stove embers that caught a wood pile on fire inside the home of Gloria and Larry Farley.

“(The fire) was contained to one wall, about a 4’x8’ spot that burnt,” Perdue said. “(The firemen) did a good job of saving it. I have to give them kudos because it’s hard to save a house trailer and that’s our fourth one this year.”

Emergency units on the scene included the Poland and Cataract VFDs, along with the Owen County EMS. (Staff Photo)

Return to top

Click here for digital edition
2014-11-25 digital edition